|Bid Closing Date||September 7, 2010|
|Title||Hoists||EOI Posting Date||January 14, 2010|
|Tender Issue Date||August 16, 2010||EOI Closing Date||** CLOSED **|
|Status||Awarded||Last Revised On||July 6, 2011|
|Successful Bidder||Rideout Tool & Machine Inc.|
Vale Newfoundland & Labrador Limited (Vale NL) are inviting submissions of an Expression of Interest for a potential opportunity to support the Long Harbour Processing Plant in Long Harbour, NL.
Scope of Supply
Design, supply, manufacture, test and supply supervision for installation and start-up covering the "Hoists" package for installation, by others, at Vale Inco Newfoundland & Labrador Ltd. Process Plant located at Long Harbour, NL.
The scope of supply shall include forty (40) monorail hoists, all equipped with electric trolleys/hoists.
Design capacities and installed power ratings of the hoists are as follows:
- Three (3) 1-tonne, 2.24kW
- Thirteen (13) 2-tonne, 3.73kW
- One (1) 2-tonne, 2.24kW
- Two (2) 3-tonne, 4.6kW
- Two (2) 5-tonne, 5.6kW
- Three (3) 7.5-tonne, 5.6kW
- Sixteen (16) with either 10-tonne or 15-tonne capacity (to be confirmed later), 11kW
The equipment shall be designed to operate intermittently , up to 365 days per year in a humid and corrosive environment without requiring excessive maintenance, repairs, lengthy work stoppages or direct operator supervision.
Upon submitting expression of interest, qualifying / approved companies will be forwarded enquiry documentation requesting a firm price proposal for the equipment listed above.
(1) When replying to this EOI, please reply to VNLProcurement@Vale.com. Please state the name of your company, company address & contact details (Name, Phone#, Fax# & E-Mail Address). Please make reference to this specific EOI Package# and Package Description. In addition, please fill in a completed pre-qualification form with each package.
(2) This EOI does not constitute an official solicitation. Vale NL reserves the right to cancel this requirement at any time during the EOI and/or solicitation process. Once objective evaluations are completed, only prospective vendors deemed qualified will be contacted.